Polling shows voters don’t want the Adani mine
National poll asked 1,421 Australians about the proposed Adani Carmichael coal mine.
The poll, conducted online for The Australia Institute through Research Now, in late September, before revelations about Adani’s corporate record were aired on 4 Corners on the 2nd of October.
More Australians oppose Adani’s mine than support it, and a huge majority oppose the proposed $1 billion subsidy via a taxpayer funded concessional loan.
- 44% oppose Adani’s plans to build the Carmichael coal mine in Queensland, while 30% support it
- 23% strongly opposed the Adani Carmichael coal mine
- 8% strongly supported it
- 68% oppose the proposed subsidised loan of up to $1 billion to Adani via the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility (NAIF), while 16% support it
- 40% strongly oppose the NAIF loan
- 5% strongly so support it