The new report from The Australia Institute, Population Growth in Australia, reveals:
· Population growth rate has increased above historic trends, largely due to immigration.
· The ABS predicts population will be around 40 million in 2061 and up to 70 million by 2101.
· Almost all of these people will live in major cities.
· Australia has the fastest population growth of major developed countries.
· Despite rapid population growth, discussion around population policy and planning is almost non-existent.